Folk-style Novice Developmental
The Novice Developmental training program starts your child on the right path to success in the sport of wrestling. This is a 100% FREE program for all novice/beginner students, aging 4-10 years (pre-k & elementary) who are new to the sport. We teach core skills formatted in a fun, safe, loosely-structured, non-competition environment. Your child will learn eye/foot and eye/hand coordination, listening skills, following directions, motor-skills, balance, teamwork and so much more! Our success is made possible by our fantastic coaches, hands on teaching, a positive upbeat and encouraging learning environment. Wrestling techniques and fundamentals will always be taught throughout each weekly 45 minute training session. As your young wrestlers’ confidence and skills grow, so will the structure and curriculum used within Tironook School of Wrestling to help them become successful in the sport of wrestling.
- Season Length: October 2nd – February 8th
- Registration Begins: Now Open
- Registration Ends: N/A
- Ages: 4-10 (Pre-K & Elementary)
- Season Cost: FREE
- Benefits: CLICK HERE to view benefits form
- What you’ll need for every practice: Clean shirt & shorts, head gear, wrestling shoes and water bottle.
How It Works
- Free for all beginner/novice wrestlers, ages 4-10.
- Wrestlers may only partake in assigned Novice training sessions throughout the season.
- Wrestlers can be evaluated at any time by the TSOW staff for recommendation to move out of the Novice Developmental program.
- A parent can recommend their child to be moved out of the Novice Developmental program into the regular Novice program at any time. However, this must be approved by the TSOW coaching staff.
- Once a wrestler starts competing in tournaments, he/she is no longer considered to be in the novice developmental program.
- Wrestlers who are no longer in the Novice Developmental program must pay the pro-rated, in-season fee to continue training sessions for the remainder of the season.
Practice Days & Times: